Sunday, May 02, 2004

 

Caprese Salad


Today I went to the Hollywood Farmers market to get some ingredients for my classes this week. The tomatoes I got are so perfect, I might end up eating them myself! Cherries have just appeared, and they are delicious too, so I bought a pint to see if I can make a nice tart later this week. Here is a recipe for a basic caprese salad to use some of those amazing tomatoes

2 medium, ripe tomatoes, red or gold or both, in thick slices
6 oz. fresh mozarella cheese. Sliced thick
12 leaves basil, torn up.
1 oz. best quality olive oil
A sprinkle of the best quality salt you have

Layer the tomatoes, cheese and basil on a platter, drizzle with oil and salt. Enjoy!



<< Home


<< Home
... Chefs Blogs


... Click for Beverly Hills, California Forecast


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



All of the original words and pictures on this site are copyrighted property. (So there. Nyah.) With that in mind, please ask permission first and give due credit, if you plan on reproducing any part of it. Thanks so much!

2003-2008 COPYRIGHT (C) Fresh Approach Cooking