Thursday, June 17, 2004

 

Rick Bayless


Everyone has a favorite chef, (well, not everyone, but some people.) and I am no exception. The trouble is, I change my allegiances pretty often. One week I will go on and on about how incredible I think James Peterson is, or how Alton Brown is so cool, then turn right around and lament that Jan Birnbaum closed Catahoula. But this week, I am fixated on Rick Bayless. He owns several very authentic Mexican restaurants in Chicago, (Frontera Grill and Topolobampo ) has a few cookbooks out, (Authentic Mexican, Salsas that Cook, etc.) a show on PBS (Mexico, One Plate At A Time) and a website (that I have a link to, to the left). What makes him so interesting to me is that his passion for food is so encompassing, and for all the right reasons. Since I cannot possibly start to wax on about him in a way that does him justice, I will just encourage you to buy his book or check out his show and see for yourself what happens.

Today’s horoscope for me. I’m an Aries. "You're almost there. At last you have the right crowd's attention. Keep your message simple and your comments positive."


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Post a Comment

<< Home
... Chefs Blogs


... Click for Beverly Hills, California Forecast


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



All of the original words and pictures on this site are copyrighted property. (So there. Nyah.) With that in mind, please ask permission first and give due credit, if you plan on reproducing any part of it. Thanks so much!

2003-2008 COPYRIGHT (C) Fresh Approach Cooking