Monday, January 03, 2005

 

Ensalada Pep

Hello from Lago Llanquihue Chile. This is a small German town on a large lake. It is hard for me to type because this seems to be a German keyboard and the letters are all different. Ha ha ha. Plus I cannot use exclamation points to describe what an amazing country this is. The food here is incredible, lots of fresh fish, including what they call conger eel, but apparently, is not, and the ubiquitous avocado and hearts of palm, a Chilean favourite. Since I hurt my foot yesterday I was unable to go on the rainforest hike with everyone else, instead I am indulging in Cuba Libras by the pool. Ah South America, so civilized. Here is my incredibly silly recipe for Chilean ensalade pep

1 large avocado, sliced and peeled
6 large asparagus, cooked well, then chilled
1 cup sliced hearts of palm
Juice of one large lime

Combine all and enjoy with a pisco sour.

I will be home on the 12th and look forward to posting much more from a more North American friendly computer. Until then, enjoy.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Post a Comment

<< Home
... Chefs Blogs


... Click for Beverly Hills, California Forecast


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



All of the original words and pictures on this site are copyrighted property. (So there. Nyah.) With that in mind, please ask permission first and give due credit, if you plan on reproducing any part of it. Thanks so much!

2003-2008 COPYRIGHT (C) Fresh Approach Cooking