Wednesday, January 12, 2005

 

Picso Sour


I cannot believe I am already back! My trip to Chile and Argentina was amazing. We traveled for 15 days with friends and family seeing incredible sites (From Santiago, Chile to Barre Loche, Argentina we saw rain forests and glaciers, mountains and valleys, lakes and streams, plus all of my family I rarely see. A fantastic treat.) While the focus for the group I was with was not necessarily food, (they were more into the bird watching) for me, it was. I got a few great recipes while I was there and took some pictures that I will share over the next few days. I will start with Picso sours, as all meals and visits to friends houses in Chile do. Pisco Sour is a mixed drink made with a brandy distilled from white grapes. While the Peruvians claim it is from there, the Chileans heartily disagree. It is very strong and very tasty, try and enjoy!


In a blender combine:

8 ounces Picso
The juice of one lime and one lemon
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 egg whites
2 cups ice

Blend all and serve in champagne flutes.

Makes four drinks



Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Post a Comment

<< Home
... Chefs Blogs


... Click for Beverly Hills, California Forecast


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



All of the original words and pictures on this site are copyrighted property. (So there. Nyah.) With that in mind, please ask permission first and give due credit, if you plan on reproducing any part of it. Thanks so much!

2003-2008 COPYRIGHT (C) Fresh Approach Cooking